Wind Turbine Climber & Rescue Trainer Refresher
Gravitec’s Wind Turbine Climber & Rescue Trainer Refresher Course provides current Wind Turbine Trainers, previously trained by Gravitec, with a review of relevant skill sets and the latest tools and equipment utilized in the fall protection industry to protect workers at height. This course also introduces current fall protection standards found in the ANSI/ASSE Z359 Fall Protection Code, enabling the trainers to continue delivering up-to-date, professional, in-house fall protection and rescue training. Written and practical tests are administered to ensure that the principles presented in the course are understood. Documentation is available to satisfy your company’s due diligence and regulatory requirements.
It should be noted that our Wind Turbine Train-the-Trainer Course is only one component of a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program, outlined in ANSI/ASSE Z359.2. In accordance with this standard, we believe that every job site should have a Program Administrator, a Competent Person and Authorized Users.
This course meets the Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training (ANSI/ASSE Z490.1), the highest industry standard for training. It also exceeds the recommended 1.6 Continuing Education Units, accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), that relate to fall protection and rescue per the requirements of ANSI/ASSE Z359.2, Minimum Requirements for a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program, found in the ANSI/ASSE Z359 Fall Protection Code.
CALL GRAVITEC'S TRAINING ADVISORS AT 1.800.755.8455 FOR MORE INFORMATION
3 Days (24 Hours)
Minimum 8, Maximum 10 (1 Instructor)
Minimum 14, Maximum 20 (2 Instructors)
June 15 – 17, 2022
July 13 – 15, 2022
August 3 – 5, 2022
August 24 – 26, 2022
September 14 – 16, 2022
October 5 – 7, 2022
October 26 – 28, 2022
November 9 – 11, 2022
December 7 – 9, 2022
- Wind Turbine Train-the-Trainer training from Gravitec no longer than two years prior to enrollment.
- Organizations and Trainers must sign a training license agreement with Gravitec prior to enrollment in the course
Upon completion of this course, students will be capable of teaching site-specific fall protection programs to their company’s employees using the materials distributed during this course including presentations, exams, outlines, exercises, lesson plans, regulations, student manuals and documentation records. Students will be able to deliver training to Authorized Climbers and Authorized Rescuers using Gravitec’s student manuals and materials.
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection
- Fall Protection Theory and Application
- Ladder Climbing Systems
- 100% Energy Absorbing Lanyards
- Work Positioning Systems
- Gravitec’s G4 Wind Turbine Rescue & Evacuation System (Ladder, Evacuation, Nacelle, Hub/Blades)
- Automatic Descent Devices Including Tractel’s Derope, ResQ’s RedPro, Elk River’s EZE-Man, etc. (Ladder, Evacuation, Nacelle, Hub/Blades)
- Block and Tackle Rescues (Ladder, Evacuation, Nacelle, Hub/Blades)
- Equipment Inspection, Care and Maintenance
- Troubleshooting During Exercises
- Protecting the Rescuer
- Conducting Safe Exercises
Students will receive a plastic wallet certificate and Gravitec’s Wind Turbine Climber & Rescue Trainer Manual.
Gravitec is accredited by IACET
to offer 2.4 CEUs for this program.
STUDENTS WILL ALSO RECEIVE
- PowerPoint® Presentation Trainer CD*
- Outline and Procedures for Hands-On Activities
- Authorized Climber and Rescuer Course Outline
- Student Documentation (checklists for internal records)
- Written Rescue Procedures
- Roster, Exam and Proficiency Checklist
- Wind Turbine Trainer Resource Manuals
- 40 Hours of Instruction in Gravitec’s Indoor Training Facility
- OSHA Fall Protection Regulation(s)
- Gravitec’s Toll-Free Number for On-Going Technical and Training Support*Microsoft PowerPoint® Software is NOT included.