NATE AUTHORIZED CLIMBER & RESCUE
This course follows the National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE) Course Training Standard (CTS – 4thEdition) for any employee that must access towers and similar structure. The course is a combination of classroom sessions focused on fall protection theory and practical hands-on exercises for workers using fall protection and rescue equipment in the tower industry. This course is designed for climbers that will be working under the direct supervision of a Competent Climber and who have limited authority and duties in regards to rescue. It introduces common fall protection tools and methods utilized to protect climbers from the various fall hazards encountered at tower sites with an overview of common equipment used to safely access and navigate tower structure. The function of each piece of equipment is discussed during interactive classroom sessions, which are followed by extensive hands-on exercises for a complete fall protection learning experience. The program does not include descent control (see NATE Competent Climber or Gravitec Tower Climber and Rescue) and only a assisted rescue method using a pre-established rescue system is included.
CALL GRAVITEC'S TRAINING ADVISORS AT 1.800.755.8455 FOR MORE INFORMATION
2 Days (16 Hours)
Gravitec Systems can customize training courses to your specific company policy, equipment and rescue needs. Call the Training Advisor at 800-755-8455 to discuss.
Minimum 8, Maximum 10 (1 Instructor)
Minimum 14, Maximum 20 (2 Instructors)
- Introduction to Fall Protection
- Regulations and Company Policy
- Anchorages & Anchorage Connectors
- Connecting Hardware (Snap hooks, Carabiners & D-rings)
- Full Body Harnesses
- Energy Absorbers & Energy Absorbing Lanyards
- Work Positioning Lanyards
- Self-retracting Devices
- Lifelines and Fall Arrestors
- Ladder Climbing Safety Systems
- Horizontal Lifelines
- Rescue (assisted rescue only with one pre-established rescue system)
- Before Use Equipment Inspection, care and storage
- Pre-climb Checklist (JHA)
- Fall Protection Exercises (Observation of Performance)
- Written Review
Students will receive an Authorized Climber plastic wallet certificate of attendance, the Authorized Person Fall Protection and Rescue Manual and access to Gravitec Systems toll-free number for support and technical assistance.
Gravitec is authorized by IACET
to offer 4.0 CEUs for this program.