Wind Turbine Train the Trainer
Gravitec’s Wind Turbine Train the Trainer Course provides students with the teaching methodology and presentation materials to deliver professional in-house fall protection and rescue training from heights. It enables the student to teach in a controlled environment and includes skill sets for safe fall protection and rescue exercises. Students will be able to deliver authorized fall protection and rescue training to meet the individual needs of their employers in accordance with ANSI/ASSE Z359.2. Written and practical tests are administered to ensure that the principles presented in the course are understood. Documentation is available to satisfy your company’s due diligence and regulatory requirements.
It should be noted that our Wind Turbine Train-the-Trainer course is only one component of a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program, described in ANSI/ASSE Z359.2. In accordance with this standard, we believe that every job site should have a Program Administrator, a Competent Person and Authorized Users.
This course meets the Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training (ANSI/ASSE Z490.1), the highest industry standard for training. It also meets the requirements of ANSI/ASSE Z359.2, Minimum Requirements for a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program, found in the ANSI/ASSE Z359 Fall Protection Code.
Gravitec can supply all necessary fall protection equipment for this course.
CALL GRAVITEC'S TRAINING ADVISORS AT 1.800.755.8455 FOR MORE INFORMATION
5 Days (40 Hours)
Minimum 8, Maximum 10 (1 Instructor)
Minimum 14, Maximum 20 (2 Instructors)
REFRESHERS (WED – FRI)
April 3 – April 7, 2023
April 24 – April 28, 2023
May 22 – May 26, 2023
June 19 – June 23, 2023
Aug. 21 – Aug. 25, 2023
Sept. 18 – Sept. 22, 2023
Oct. 9 – Oct. 13, 2023
Oct. 30 – Nov. 3, 2023
Nov. 13 – Nov. 17, 2023
Dec. 18 – Dec. 22, 2023
This program is fast-paced and not intended for new climbers or those without previous training experience. Registrants must have the following background:
- Previous fall protection and rescue training to the competent climber/rescuer level
- Previous experience in some level of adult skill-oriented training
- Organizations and Trainers must sign a training license agreement with Gravitec prior to enrollment in the course
Upon completion of this course, students will have the materials to teach site-specific fall protection programs to their company’s employees. Materials distributed during this course include presentations, exams, outlines, exercises, lesson plans, regulations, student manuals and documentation records. Students will be able to deliver training to Authorized Climbers, Competent Climbers and Authorized Rescuers using Gravitec’s student manuals and materials.
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection
- Fall Protection Theory and Application
- Ladder Climbing Systems
- 100% Energy Absorbing Lanyards
- Work Positioning Systems
- Gravitec’s G4 Wind Turbine Rescue & Evacuation System (Ladder, Evacuation, Nacelle, Hub/Blades)
- Automatic Descent Devices (Tractel’s Derope, ResQ’s RedPro, EZE-Man, etc.) (Ladder, Evacuation, Nacelle, Hub/Blades)
- Block and Tackle Rescues (Ladder, Evacuation, Nacelle, Hub/Blades)
- Equipment Inspection, Care and Maintenance
- Troubleshooting During Exercises
- Protecting the Rescuer
- Conducting Safe Exercises
- Gravitec Systems G4 System
Students will receive a plastic wallet certificate of attendance and Gravitec’s Wind Turbine Climber & Rescue Competent Trainer Manual.
Gravitec is accredited by IACET
to offer 4.0 CEUs for this program.
STUDENTS WILL ALSO RECEIVE
- PowerPoint® Presentation Trainer CD*
- Outline and Procedures for Hands-On Activities
- Authorized Climber and Rescuer Course Outline
- Student Documentation (checklists for internal records)
- Written Rescue Procedures
- Roster, Exam and Proficiency Checklist
- Wind Turbine Trainer Resource Manuals
- 40 Hours of Instruction in Gravitec’s Training Facility
- OSHA Fall Protection Regulation(s)
- Gravitec’s Toll-Free Number for On-Going Technical and Training Support
*Microsoft PowerPoint® Software is NOT included.