Fall Protection Training Specialist
Who is Gravitec? We are a diverse team with backgrounds in the military, firefighting, safety, emergency medical technology, climbing and mountaineering. Our highly-qualified staff of instructors, engineers, technical safety installers, equipment and training advisors, administrators, photographers and graphic artists provide a full spectrum of services. We drive Gravitec’s mission of protecting the lives and livelihoods of those who work at height by providing a full range of high-quality fall protection services worldwide including training, engineering, consulting, testing and technical equipment sales.
Our ideal team members are innovative self-starters who embrace challenge, think big, and bring their own resolute standards of excellence and integrity. As an industry leader for over 30 years we are looking for people who want to continue to build our diverse portfolio and join our highly skilled staff.
FALL PROTECTION TRAINING SPECIALIST
A Fall Protection Training Instructor’s primary responsibilities include conducting 1 to 5 day fall protection courses in both a classroom and hands on setting at our facility in Poulsbo, WA as well as domestically throughout the United States and occasionally abroad. Our trainers evaluate, coordinate and deliver a comprehensive safety education program for those who work and operate at height. The materials we create, the technology we use and the curriculum we develop for our clients, help position Gravitec instructors as experts in the fall protection industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver group and individual instruction and training covering the technical and operational use of fall protection and rescue equipment.
- Use course lesson plans to meet instructional goals and learning objectives.
- Frequent travel domestically and occasionally abroad.
- Perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs while travelling; completing class rosters, paperwork, expense reports, etc.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand and adhere to company and industry fall protection standards, safety programs and policies.
- Work with managers, supervisors and team members to review and recommend improvements to program content and/or instruction presentation methods.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work at height and understand technical subject matter.
- Ability to interact directly with clients deliver instructional training requirements.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships, functioning as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Previous safety, fall protection, and instruction experience desirable but not necessary.
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan / Life Insurance.
- 401(k) with Employer Match.
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.