FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
Compensation: $30 – $40 DOE
Reports to: Director of Sales
Our team members are innovative self-starters who embrace challenge, think big, and bring their own resolute standards of excellence and integrity to every project they work on. As an industry leader for over 35 years, we are looking for people who want to continue to build our diverse portfolio and join our highly skilled staff here in Poulsbo, Washington.
Estimators will work with our sales and engineering team to provide competitive quotes and/or bids for custom fall protection solutions. This is an ideal opportunity for an estimator who thrives working on complex projects and providing custom solutions for our clients. You are committed to bringing passion, a strong work ethic and your technical expertise to facilitate a collaborative work environment. This is a unique career opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects, with an extraordinary list of clients, and to grow with Gravitec.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Full cycle estimate and/or bid management.
- Prepare estimates and bids based on plans and specifications and ability to develop conceptual estimates when information is limited, identifying and computing cost components such as labor, material and equipment requirements.
- Provide change request pricing as needed to support project managers and engineers and providing follow-through and follow-up on estimates and/or bid plans and amendments.
- Develop and maintain estimates, bid standards, and templates.
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings and plans.
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in estimating, estimating experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to operate with a sense of urgency.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking. Willingness to learn.
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated ability to interact directly with clients, vendors and peers to skillfully interpret requirements for estimating projects.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships, functioning as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Strong understanding of math, geometry and take-off techniques.
- Computer knowledge, including current general industry software including Windows OS, MS Office and CRM software.
- Experience with Buildertrend Construction Management and/or AutoCAD Software a plus.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive Hourly Compensation starting at $30 – $40 depending on experience
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance plan. We pay 90% of the monthly premium for employees
- 401(k) program with employer match.
- Paid Vacation – Employees accrue 80 hours of vacation time per year.
- 7 Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Paid sick time in accordance with Washington State Law.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.