Technical Safety Installer
Who is Gravitec? We are a diverse team with backgrounds in the military, firefighting, safety, emergency medical technology, climbing and mountaineering. Our highly-qualified staff of instructors, engineers, technical safety installers, equipment and training advisors, administrators, photographers and graphic artists provide a full spectrum of services and drive Gravitec’s mission of protecting the lives and livelihoods of those who work at height by providing a full range of high-quality fall protection services worldwide including training, engineering, consulting, testing and technical equipment sales.
Our ideal team members are innovative self-starters that embrace challenge, think big and bring their own resolute standards of excellence and integrity. As an industry leader for over 30 years we are looking for people who want to continue to build our diverse portfolio and join our highly skilled staff.
TECHNICAL SAFETY INSTALLER
Technical Safety Installers collaborate with our engineering team to install custom fall protection systems for our clients domestically throughout the United States. Our Safety Installers are familiar working with a variety of materials such as wood, steel and concrete in unique environments and settings. The systems we create, the technology we use and innovations we embrace help position Gravitec technical safety installers as experts in the fall protection industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand and adhere to company fall protection standards, safety programs and policies. Including participating in fall protection and safety training, implementing safety, recognizing unsafe situations and taking corrective actions.
- Assisting in installation planning process including overseeing supplies needed and determining what tools and equipment will be needed to install cable, rails and other components of fall protection systems.
- Frequent use and knowledge of hand tools operations, knowledge of or willingness to learn specialty tools and knowledge of or a willingness to learn basic fabrication.
- Comfort working at height, this includes rooftops, ladders, towers and lifts. Pervious at height, fall protection and/or lift experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Ability to or willingness to learn reading of engineered drawings.
- Frequent travel is required for this opportunity.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Willingness to listen and learn.
- Ability to work at height and understand technical subject matter.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships, functioning as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Ability to interact and communicate directly with clients.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office. Willingness to learn additional software programs as needed.
- Previous safety and/or fall protection experience desirable but not necessary.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan
- 401(k) program with match program
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.