Structural Design Engineer/Project Manager
Gravitec Systems, Inc. has been an industry leader in the field of fall protection for over 30 years. Working with owners, architects, and contractors, we provide innovative turn-key engineering and training solutions for our clients’ fall protection needs worldwide.
We are seeking an innovative Structural Design Engineer/Project Manager to join our expanding engineering team in Poulsbo, WA. We are searching for people that are looking to work in a collaborative environment with a diverse team of talented engineers. Come join us as we continue our mission of protecting workers at height!
- Designing engineered fall protection solutions.
- Preparing design calculations.
- Organizing project workflow.
- Lead a team and collaborate with colleagues, drafters and installation specialists.
- Working directly with Drafters to prepare construction documents and shop drawings.
- Performing analysis of existing systems and structures.
- Reviewing designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Development of hazard assessment surveys.
- Inspections of existing fall protection systems.
- Installation of fall protection systems.
- This position includes frequent travel.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (ABET Accredited) with either Structural or Construction Management emphasis.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing projects and project teams.
- Civil PE or SE required. Washington State SE preferred.
- Experience developing budgets, scheduling and Grantt Charts.
- Strong technical background and analytical abilities.
- Experience designing with various construction materials including steel, wood and concrete.
- Working knowledge of current industry software including AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Projects, RISA-3D a plus.
- OSHA 30 and PMP a plus.
- Previous experience with fall protection a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening.
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
- 401(k) with Employer Match.
Reports to: Engineering Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Full Time
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees regardless of minority, gender, disability, or veteran status.