Rope Access Training Specialist
Gravitec Systems, Inc. has been an industry leader in the field of fall protection for over 30 years, working with owners, architects, and contractors to provide innovative turn-key engineering and training solutions for our clients’ fall protection needs, worldwide.
Gravitec’s Training team is seeking a Rope Access and Fall Protection Training Specialist to join our organization. We are looking for people that seek the opportunity to work in unique environments, domestically and abroad. From rappelling over the edge of a dam, industrial rescue at an amusement park, climbing the mast of a giant ship or rescue in a wilderness setting, this position provides it all. All of Gravitec’s instructors teach 1 to 5 day safety courses in both a classroom and hands-on settings. If you are someone who enjoys traveling to new places and teaching lifesaving information, we encourage you to apply. The materials we create, the technology we use and the curriculum we develop for you to teach, help to position Gravitec Instructors as experts in the industry. Come join us as we continue our mission of protecting workers at height.
- Training students in the proper use of Rope Access technique and equipment.
- Training students in the proper use of fall protection and rescue equipment.
- Frequent travel domestically and occasionally abroad.
- Ability to learn Gravitec content and deliver courses according to lesson plans.
- Adaptability to a changing work schedule.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Be a team player and mentor to co-workers and students.
- Working at height to install specialized engineered systems.
- Ancillary tasks that support company needs outside of teaching.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Current SPRAT or IRATA Level 2 certification.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizations skills.
- Ability to understand technical subject matter or willingness to learn.
- Proficient with Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other related software programs.
- Ability to work at height.
- Previous experience with fall protection a plus but not required.
- Former teaching, safety, military or EMT background preferred.
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan / Life Insurance.
- 401(k) with Employer Match.
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
Reports to: Lead Instructor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Full Time
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees regardless of minority, gender, disability, or veteran status.