Project Manager – Civil/Structural
Gravitec is different – on purpose.
Gravitec’s success and growth can be attributed to one thing – outstanding employees who provide superior services and products to our customers. Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these, and you’ll fit right in here.
Our ideal team members are innovative self-starters who embrace challenge, think big, and bring their own resolute standards of excellence and integrity to every project they work on. As an industry leader for over 35 years, we are looking for people who want to continue to build our diverse portfolio and join our highly skilled staff here in Poulsbo, Washington.
What can you expect?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan
- 401(k) program with match program
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
Gravitec Systems, Inc. is seeking Project Managers to join our diverse team of engineers, drafters, installation technicians, and fabricators located in Poulsbo, WA. This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the prospect of providing custom solutions for complex issues. You are committed to bringing passion, a strong work ethic and your technical expertise to facilitate a collaborative work environment. This is a unique career opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects, with an extraordinary list of clients, and to grow with Gravitec.
There aren’t many other companies out there like us, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to hang out at work.
A Project Manager’s typical day might include:
- Manage projects from design development to fabrication, installation and project completion.
- Designing engineered fall protection solutions within approved budgets and timeframes.
- Preparing design calculations of fall protection systems and analyses of existing systems and structures.
- Working with drafting technicians to develop fabrication and construction documents.
- Preparing hazard assessment surveys and inspections of existing fall protection systems.
- Developing site specific safety plans and operation and maintenance user guides.
- Participating in fall protection and safety training, implementing safety policies, recognizing unsafe situations and taking corrective actions.
- Coordinate the procurement and/or fabrication of fall protection products and solutions.
- Coordinate with the Director of Engineering regarding scheduling of personnel, lead times and logistics.
- Manage the installation of fall protection systems.
- Manage the project closeout process, including all punch list items and client orientations.
- This position includes frequent travel.
- Are open to hiking the Grand Canyon, seeing behind the scenes of world-renowned theme parks, and surfing the waves in Hawaii.
This is a career you can brag about to your friends.
Our Project Engineer’s Skills should include:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil Engineering (ABET Accredited) with either Structural or Construction Management emphasis.
- 4+ years Project Engineering or Management experience in the building or construction industry, with experience managing projects or project teams.
- EIT required; Washington State Civil PE or SE preferred.
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mindset.
- Experience developing budgets, scheduling and Gantt Charts.
- Strong technical background and analytical abilities, including technical writing.
- Working knowledge of building codes and applicable standards.
- Experience designing with various construction materials including steel, wood and concrete.
- Working knowledge of current industry software including AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project (or similar project management software – BuilderTrend, Sage Timberline, Procore, etc.), RISA-3D, Autodesk Inventor; Mathcad a plus.
- OSHA 30 and PMP a plus.
- Previous experience working at height, or with fall protection, a plus.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt / Full Time
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.