Who is Gravitec? We are a diverse team with backgrounds in the military, firefighting, safety, emergency medical technology, climbing and mountaineering. Our highly-qualified staff of instructors, engineers, technical safety installers, equipment and training advisors, administrators, photographers and graphic artists provide a full spectrum of services and drive Gravitec’s mission of protecting the lives and livelihoods of those who work at height by providing a full range of high-quality fall protection services worldwide including training, engineering, consulting, testing and technical equipment sales.
Our ideal team members are innovative self-starters that embrace challenge, think big and bring their own resolute standards of excellence and integrity. As an industry leader for over 30 years we are looking for people who want to continue to build our diverse portfolio and join our highly skilled staff.
Project Engineers design customized fall protection systems, performs analysis of existing systems and structures, works with procurements specialists on materials and technical safety installers, taking projects from design and development to implementation, installation and completion. The systems we create, the technology we use and the innovations we embrace help position Gravitec engineers as experts in the fall protection industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand and adhere to company fall protection standards, safety programs and policies. Including participating in fall protection and safety training, implementing safety, recognizing unsafe situations and taking corrective actions.
- Design engineered fall protection solutions in compliance with company standards and customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Ability to manage day to day operations of projects and manage multiple scopes of work.
- Be responsible for communication, organizing, coordinating, tracking and scheduling of assigned projects.
- Assist Project Managers with project schedules, logistic plans and material coordination.
- Ability to perform calculations and analysis of structures and existing systems.
- Participate in project closeout including punch list items, clients turnover and required client training.
- Knowledgeable of engineering principles and ability to design with a variety of construction materials including steel, concrete and wood.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (ABET Accredited) – Structural preferred.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering (ABET Accredited) – Structural preferred.
- 2+ years Project Engineering experience in the US building or construction industry.
- Ability to work at height.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated ability to interact directly with clients, represent and skillfully interpret design requirements.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships, functioning as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office as well as current industry software including programs like AutoCAD, Solidworks, RISA-3D and buildertrend.
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan / Life Insurance
- 401(k) program with match program.
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt / Full Time
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.