Gravitec’s Engineering Department is seeking a talented individual to perform the fabrication and installation of fall protection systems designed by our engineering group. We are looking for people that are familiar working with wood, steel and concrete in a constructions and/or have experience in a fabrication shop. If you are someone who enjoys hands-on problem solving in places ranging from steel mills to amusement parks all over North America we encourage you to apply. Come join us as we continue our mission of protecting workers at height.
Gravitec Systems, Inc. has been an industry leader in the field of fall protection for over 30 years, working with owners, architects, and contractors to provide innovative turn-key engineering and training solutions for our clients’ fall protection needs, worldwide. Falling is one of the leading causes of fatality, both on the job and at home, and our clients continue to rely on our expertise because we provide the highest quality of protection for their workers.
- Planning tools and equipment for installation.
- Assist in the installation planning process.
- Assist in overseeing supplies for the jobsite.
- Fabrication as needed.
- Frequent travel.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work schedule.
- Frequent use of hand tools and rigging.
- Installing cable, ladders, rails and other components of fall protection systems
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings or willingness to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision as well as on a team.
- Enjoys a challenge
- Willingness to learn and listen.
- Comfortable working at height (eg rooftops, ladders, lifts, towers, etc.)
- Must be able to pass drug screening.
- Have or be able to obtain a passport.
- OTHER HELPFUL EXPERIENCE:
- Previous at-height, safety or fall protection experience.
- Knowledge of tool operation and maintenance.
- Welding experience.
- Milling experience.
- Fabrication experience.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification.
- Experience operating aerial lifts and fork lifts.
- Hourly Rate commensurate with experience.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan.
- 401(k) savings opportunity.
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time and Paid Holidays.
- Tremendous growth potential with a leader in an ever-expanding market.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Full Time
For consideration for this position, apply at www.gravitec.com. Please include your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and reference this position title. Any applicants that fail to submit the requested information will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees regardless of minority, gender, disability, or veteran status.