It’s Gravitec Systems, Inc’s mission to protect the lives and livelihoods of those who work at height by providing a full range of high-quality fall protection services worldwide including training, engineering, consulting, testing and technical equipment sales.
Working with owners, architects and contractors we create solutions for the most complex fall protection issues creating tailored and specialized systems. Our integrated teams of engineers, installation specialists and drafters provide cutting edge custom solutions. Our ideal team members are innovative self-starters that embrace challenge, think big and bring their own resolute standards of excellence and integrity. As an industry leader for over 30 years we are looking for people who want to continue to build our diverse portfolio and join our highly skilled staff.
The foreman role leads the install team and works with our engineering team to install custom fall protection systems.
Our ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, is familiar working with a variety of materials such as wood, steel and concrete in a construction setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn, understand and adhere to company fall protection standards, safety programs and policies. Including participating in fall protection and safety training, implementing safety, recognizing unsafe situations and taking corrective actions.
- Lead the installation planning process including overseeing supplies needed and determining what tools and equipment will be needed to install cable, rails and other components of fall protection systems.
- Leading a team of multiple individuals, keeping them busy and on task.
- Well versed in the use of hand tools and specialty tools along with knowledge or or a willingness to learn basic fabrication.
Comfort working at height, this includes rooftops, ladders, towers and lifts. Pervious at height, fall protection and/or lift experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Ability to or willingness to learn reading of engineered drawings.
- Frequent travel is required for this opportunity.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Willingness to listen and learn.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking. A leader that can provide innovative solutions to installation issues in a timely manner.
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships, functioning as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Computer knowledge and working knowledge of MS Office. Willingness to learn additional software also.
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan / Life Insurance
- 401(k) program with match program.
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt / Full Time
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.