Fall Protection Installation Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
Compensation: $25 – $40 DOE
Reports to: Installation Supervisor
Our team members are innovative self-starters who embrace challenge, think big, and bring their own resolute standards of excellence and integrity to every project they work on. As an industry leader for over 35 years, we are looking for people who want to continue to build our diverse portfolio and join our highly skilled staff here in Poulsbo, Washington.
Installation Technicians perform the installation, and assist in the fabrication, of unique fall protection solutions. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who likes to work with their hands, in a variety of settings, and who truly respect and appreciate that the work they do saves lives. Flexibility is a must in this position, with projects domestically throughout the U.S. and occasionally abroad, there are ample opportunities to travel and work (or work and explore). All travel arrangements are made by our corporate travel coordinator and include a daily per diem for meals and incidentals. Additionally, this position has opportunities for overtime and prevailing wage on qualifying projects.
This position might be for you if you:
- Like helping people solve problems.
- Are patient and stay cool under pressure.
- Have the ability to build strong relationships and positively influence change.
- Communicate clearly. You can explain anything to anyone at any level.
- Are open to hiking the Grand Canyon, seeing behind the scenes of world-renowned theme parks, or surfing the waves in Hawaii.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Engineering Department plays a crucial role in connecting our customers to our full suite of offerings.
- Installation Technicians collaborate with our engineering team to install custom fall protection systems for our clients domestically throughout the U.S. Our Installers are familiar working with a variety of materials such as wood, steel and concrete in unique environments and settings. The systems we create, the technology we use, and innovations we embrace, help position Gravitec Installers as experts in the fall protection industry.
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn. Understand and adhere to company fall protection standards, safety programs and policies. This includes participating in fall protection and safety training, implementing safety, recognizing unsafe situations and taking corrective actions.
- Assisting in the installation planning process, including determining the supplies, equipment and tools needed to install cable, rails and other components of fall protection systems.
- Frequent use and knowledge of hand tools, knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, specialty tools, and knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, basic fabrication.
- Comfort working at height, this includes rooftops, ladders, towers and lifts. Previous at-height, fall protection and/or lift experience is desirable, but not necessary.
- Ability to, or willingness to learn, reading of engineered drawings.
- Frequent travel is required for this opportunity. In this position, you will travel approximately 50% of the time. You will travel both individually and with a team. This requires excellent presentation and communication skills as you will meet with clients to understand their unique needs.
There aren’t many other companies out there like us, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to hang out at work.
- Capable of climbing and working at heights.
- Experience with basic hand tools.
- Ability to stand and walk for a 8 – 12 hour day.
- Ability to perform physical and repetitive motions. This includes the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, including overhead.
- Strong understanding of math, geometry and measuring techniques.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Dependable and consistently on time.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Computer and working knowledge of MS Office and a willingness to learn additional software as needed.
Beneficial Skills and Certifications:
- OSHA 30 or higher certification.
- Previous at-height work or experience.
- Rope access or SPRAT training.
- Current CPR/First aid training.
- Aerial life, fork lift or crane certification.
- Rescue training.
- Rigger training.
- Experience with specialty tools.
- Welding and/or fabrication experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Hourly Compensation starting at $25 – $40 depending on experience
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance plan. We pay 90% of the monthly premium for employees.
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Paid Vacation – Employees accrue 80 hours of vacation time per year.
- 7 Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Paid sick time in accordance with Washington State Law.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.