Gravitec Systems, Inc. has been an industry leader in the field of fall protection for over 30 years, working with owners, architects, and contractors to provide innovative turn-key engineering and training solutions for our clients’ fall protection needs, worldwide.
We are looking for an Estimator to join our Engineering Division. This position will primarily focus on complete conceptual estimating and total bid pricing for engineering projects.
DESIRED SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS AND PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with project consultants.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong time management skills, ability to operate with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong mathematical abilities.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-Motivated – Self Starter
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure with a calm demeanor.
- Ability to plan ahead and forecast.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Prepare estimates and bids based on plans and specifications.
- Develop conceptual estimates when information is limited.
- Identify labor, material and time requirements.
- Compute cost by analyzing labor, materials and time requirements.
- Follow through and follow up on estimate and/or bid plans and amendments.
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings and plans.
- Full cycle estimate/bid management.
- Assist with maintaining integrity of contacts in CRM.
- Develop and maintain estimate/bid standards.
- Provide change request pricing as needed to support Project Managers and Engineers.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Previous fall protection experience.
- Prior experience with SAP.
- Degree in Construction Management or similarly related field.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation: Dependent on experience and skills.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Paid sick time, vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) savings opportunity.
- Tremendous growth potential with a leader in an ever-expanding market.
Reports to: Engineering Sales Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Full Time
For consideration for this position, apply at www.gravitec.com. Please include your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and reference this position title. Any applicants that fail to submit the requested information will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees regardless of minority, gender, disability, or veteran status.