Gravitec is seeking a dynamic, self-driven, CAD Technician to join our engineering department.
Based in Poulsbo, WA, Gravitec Systems, Inc. has been an industry leader in the field of fall protection for over 30 years. Working with owners, architects, and contractors, we provide innovative turn-key and training solutions for our clients’ fall protection needs, worldwide.
This position is accountable for preparing complete sets of detailed drawings. Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas and geometry. Many assignments are performed with instructions as to the general results expected. Works under the supervision of the Engineering Department Manager.
- Works directly with Project Engineers and Managers to prepare construction documents. Prepares complete fall protection construction documents, schematics through as-builts.
- Manages time effectively working on multiple projects, often under pressure, and meet project deadlines while maintaining a high quality work product.
- Performs installation of fall protection systems during peak periods.
- Includes minimal travel.
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- FLSA Status is Non-Exempt.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (including layouts, detailed layering systems, and external reference files).
- Familiarity with civil/structural engineering plans.
- Ability to develop layout plans from sketches and/or existing hard copy drawings where necessary.
- Ability to effectively work as part of an engineering and installation team.
- Commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Minimum 3 years recent experience in drafting.
- Must have excellent mathematical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Hourly Rate commensurate with experience.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plan.
- 401(k) savings opportunity.
- Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time and Paid Holidays.
- Tremendous growth potential with a leader in an ever-expanding market.
Please include your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and reference this position title. Any applicants that fail to submit the requested information will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department for additional information. Gravitec is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its applicants and employees. We ensure equal opportunities for qualified applicants and employees regardless of minority, gender, disability, or veteran status.