Trainer Refresher 2018
Fall Protection and Rescue Trainer
Tower Climbing and Rescue Train the Trainer
Wind Turbine Fall Protection and Rescue Train the Trainer
Gravitec’s Fall Protection Trainer Refresher program provides current trainers with updated technical, regulatory and materials necessary to continue to deliver professional, in-house fall protection and rescue training. Trainers are expected to take the refresher course within the two-year allotted time from the original program (there is a grace period when the scheduling conflicts arise). Employers sending personnel through the trainer refresher program must be aware of program changes becoming effective January 2018. There are new pass/fail requirements for this course that trainers did not have to conduct during their initial course. Trainers will be required to climb structure, make connections, and demonstrate the ability to conduct every exercise that they are conducting with students within an allotted time. Refresher students not completing these minimum requirements will not receive credit for the course. A complete list of these requirements can be found here.
This course is designed according to the training requirements of ANSI Z359.2. Gravitec Systems is an Authorized Provider accredited through the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
CALL GRAVITEC'S TRAINING ADVISORS AT 1.800.755.8455 FOR MORE INFORMATION
3 Days (24 Hours)
Minimum 8, Maximum 10 (1 Instructor)
Minimum 14, Maximum 20 (2 Instructors)
Students enrolled in the Train the Trainer Program will receive all necessary resources to deliver and document the training event. These resources include:
- PowerPoint Presentation (over 200 slides with hi-res graphics matched to Lesson Plans)
- Needs Assessment Tool for determining training needs.
- Lesson Plans that include all types of active fall protection systems, rope descent systems, basic evacuation, assisted and suspended rescue methods.
- 300-page Fall Protection and Rescue Manual.
- Instructor Manual with PowerPoint notes pages.
- Documentation to individualize and quantify student performance.
- Access to ordering Gravitec Systems Student Booklets and Attendance Certificates.
Upon completion of this course, trainers will have the materials to teach site-specific fall protection programs to their company’s personnel. Materials distributed during the course include PowerPoint® slide presentations, exams, case studies, exercises, lesson plans, regulations and documentation records. Students will understand and be capable of teaching from a complete reference guide and instructor field manual and use these guides to design a site-specific program that complies with state and federal fall protection training requirements.
- Previous Gravitec Systems Train the Trainer Attendance Card within 2 years.
- Organizations and Trainers must sign a training license agreement with Gravitec prior to enrollment in the course
It is important to note that student trainers must meet minimum performance requirements to pass this course and be re-certified as a Gravitec Train the Trainer. All reasonable efforts will be made for student trainers to practice all required skills, but all student trainers must complete the required exercises within the specified timeframe during the course to be certified. Among other requirements, student trainers must:
- Attend the entire program.
- Achieve 90% on the written examination. (50 Multiple Choice Questions)
- Climb a fixed ladder, up to 30’, several times during the week.
- Maintain 100% protection during all exercises.
- Conduct assisted and suspended rescues of 150 lb. mannequin.
- Teach all Lesson Plans according to the procedure.
- A complete list of all the student trainer requirements can be found here.
Students will receive a plastic wallet certificate of attendance.
Gravitec is accredited by IACET
to offer 2.4 CEUs for this program.