Fall Protection Trainer
Gravitec’s Fall Protection Trainer Course provides students with the technical knowledge and resource materials to deliver professional, in-house fall protection training. Written and practical tests are administered to ensure that the principles presented in the course are understood. Documentation is available to satisfy your company’s due diligence and regulatory requirements.
It should be noted that our Train-the-Trainer course is only one component of a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program, outlined in ANSI/ASSE Z359.2. In accordance with this standard, we believe that every job site should have a Program Administrator, a Competent Person and Authorized Users.
This course meets the Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training (ANSI/ASSE Z490.1), the highest industry standard for training. It also meets the requirements of ANSI/ASSE Z359.2, Minimum Requirements for a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program, found in the ANSI/ASSE Z359 Fall Protection Code.
Students are encouraged to bring their own equipment for this course if possible. Gravitec can supply all necessary fall protection equipment for this course.
CALL GRAVITEC'S TRAINING ADVISORS AT 1.800.755.8455 FOR MORE INFORMATION
5 Days (40 Hours)
Minimum 8, Maximum 10 (1 Instructor)
Minimum 14, Maximum 20 (2 Instructors)
REFRESHERS (WED – FRI)
April 3 – April 7, 2023
April 24 – April 28, 2023
May 22 – May 26, 2023
June 19 – June 23, 2023
Aug. 21 – Aug. 25, 2023
Sept. 18 – Sept. 22, 2023
Oct. 9 – Oct. 13, 2023
Oct. 30 – Nov. 3, 2023
Nov. 13 – Nov. 17, 2023
Dec. 18 – Dec. 22, 2023
- Previous fall protection and rescue training to the competent climber/rescuer level
- Previous experience in some level of adult skill-oriented training
- Organizations and Trainers must sign a training license agreement with Gravitec prior to enrollment in the course
Upon completion of this course, students will be capable of using Gravitec materials to conduct site-specific fall protection programs to their company’s personnel. Materials include Microsoft PowerPoint® slide presentations, exams, exercises, lesson plans, regulations and documentation records. Students will also understand and be capable of teaching from a complete reference guide and instructor field manual and use these guides to design a site-specific program that complies with state and federal fall protection training requirements.
- Fall Protection Theory and Application
- Usage of Commercially Available Fall Protection Systems
- Calculating Clearances for All Systems
- Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint System Components
- Documentation, Due Diligence and Compliance Training
- Student Safety During Training Exercises
- Testing and Evaluating Student Performance
- Practice Teaching Seminar and Activity
Students will receive a plastic wallet certificate of attendance and Gravitec’s Fall Protection Trainer Manual.
Gravitec is accredited by IACET
to offer 4.0 CEUs for this program.
STUDENTS WILL ALSO RECEIVE
- Microsoft PowerPoint® Slide Presentation Trainer CD*
- Outline and Procedures for Hands-On Activities
- Program Testing and Evaluation Materials
- OSHA Fall Protection Regulations or Provincial Regulations
- OSHA Fall Protection Letters of Interpretation
- Manufacturers’ Technical Bulletins
- Manufacturers’ Fall Protection Equipment Instructions
- Gravitec’s Toll-Free Number for On-Going Technical and Training Support
*Microsoft PowerPoint® software is NOT included.