Important! Please Read!
Working at heights and climbing are inherently dangerous activities during which injuries or death may occur. Carefully review all of the following information before using fall protection and/or rescue equipment sold by Gravitec Systems, Inc. (Gravitec).
Products sold by Gravitec are intended for use only by trained individuals who are familiar with the applications, limitations and inspection requirements of fall protection products. These products should not be used by untrained individuals outside of a training environment. In addition, before using equipment sold by Gravitec, you must:
- Read and understand all product information.
- Become acquainted with the product’s capabilities and limitations.
- Understand and accept the risks involved.
Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training and good personal judgment.
Limits of Liability
Neither Gravitec, nor its directors, officers or employees are liable for any injury or damages associated with the use of equipment, inability to use equipment, abuse or improper use of equipment or failure to follow adequate safety precautions. Gravitec is also not liable in situations where failure of either the purchaser or user to fulfill their duties results in injury or damages. Gravitec cannot ensure that adequate training and judgment are applied in the use of equipment it sells. As a result, the liability shifts to the user and purchaser.
Duty of Purchaser and User
The following are the responsibility of the purchaser and user of products sold by Gravitec:
- Read the product instructions and labels and follow them. If you do not have product instructions, you may request a them from Gravitec (1.800.755.8455).
- Inspect the product(s) immediately upon receipt and before and after each use. Please read the note on inspection below.
- Receive training in the proper use of the equipment. Proper training includes risk management such as safety procedures, limitations and inspection of equipment. If you are not competent in the use of products obtained through Gravitec, do not use them. Please read the note on training below.
- Determine if the product is appropriate for its intended use and that it meets all applicable standards and regulations. Gravitec can provide assistance but cannot be expected to know all possible standards and regulations related to specific work and/or industries.
- Use good judgment and do not exceed the limitations of the user’s skill or the limitations of the equipment.
- Use adequate safety precautions at all times.
- Do not alter the product in any way. Repairs must be performed only in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or returned to Gravitec for repair. Alterations void warranties and are potentially dangerous.
- If the purchaser is not the user of the product, the purchaser must provide each user with a copy of this notice and the product instructions. If additional copies of these warnings or the product instructions are needed, they can be obtained from Gravitec (1.800.755.8455).
All individuals and companies involved are expected to perform regular inspection of fall protection equipment. Inspections must be conducted before use. Detailed inspections should be recorded on a tag attached to the equipment or in the equipment log. Each user should be adequately trained in equipment inspection and should perform an inspection before each use.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the user is adequately and competently trained in the use of the product(s) including inspection. Training is available from Gravitec (1.800.755.8455).